Full-time, Remote, UK and Ireland
The Sensible Code Company makes software to transform the processing and publication of data and statistics.
We’ve built Cantabular: a software framework for the protection and publication of statistical data that is being used by the Office for National Statistics to automate much of the dissemination for the 2021 England and Wales census.
We’re a friendly, supportive and experienced team focused on delivering high quality software. We use Go, Python, TypeScript, AWS, Slack, Trello, Google Workspace and GitHub.
We also host and run PDFTables.com which converts pages of PDF files into machine readable data for hundreds of thousands of users.
“We hire people who are independently minded, who thrive on working in highly functioning software teams using modern technologies and, who enjoy interacting directly with customers” Aine McGuire, CEO.
About this role
We’re looking for someone to manage the support process and to triage initial support requests for Cantabular customers. This could be expanded to include PDFTables.com.
You’ll provide technical support:
- Monitor different channels and record support requests
- Triage / Test the problem in sandbox environments
- If it’s a genuine bug rather than a configuration issue escalate up to development team
- Keep in communication with the client on the status of outstanding issues
- Prepare ‘Critical issue reports’ as required
- Extend skills over time to be able to do more work around testing / apply fixes
Testing & documentation activities:
- Develop and run tests on new code
- Support team by developing tests / improving test environment
- Keep documentation up to date
- Provide pre sales support incl. helping with demonstrations
- Preparing and maintaining product presentations
- Attending events
- Experience automating tasks using basic scripts in Python, Bash or similar
- Good understanding of running and installing Linux, installing and configuring software, running scripts at the command line
- 2+ years of experience of doing technical support
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if
We don’t expect the successful candidate to have all of these things, but please mention any that apply. If you have other relevant expertise or experience let us know.
- Have done onsite support
- Interest in data science, statistics or machine learning
Pay and benefits
- Competitive salary:
- Flexible: flexible working times to support a healthy work/life balance
- Generous holiday allowance: 30 days plus public holidays
- Location: you can be located anywhere in the UK and Ireland
How to apply
Email email@example.com quoting ‘scjob30’ in the subject line with the following information
- Cover letter: tell us a bit about why you’re interested in this role
- CV or resume: your professional experience
- Your telephone number
No agencies please.