Remote: Senior Statistical Methodologist/Privacy Expert
The Sensible Code Company makes digital products that automate processing, privacy protection and publication of data.
We’re looking for a senior methodologist to develop our understanding of the statistical domain and to help inform how we enhance and extend Cantabular.
Key things to know about this job:
- could be a full-time or part-time role
- supporting our technical team in designing approaches to SDC
- supporting our work with large enterprise customers like the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and other statistical institutes and agencies
- participating and speaking at international conferences
- writing technical papers
- must be within a 2 hour flight to Belfast, Northern Ireland
Your skills are:
- have a knowledge and experience in the implementation of SDC methods
- a keen enthusiast for stats packages: e.g. R, SAS, Python
- an ability to interpret and describe the latest SDC methods
- an ability to install and experiment with commercial and open source SDC software
- ability to convey your ideas in written and verbal forms
You’ll be responsible for:
- identifying use cases and associated SDC feature requirements
- creating a knowledge bank on SDC from across the world
- analysing existing SDC software
- documenting algorithms
- finding the highest value events to talk about our SDC software
- installing and configuring software on Windows and Linux including in the cloud, e.g. on AWS
Facts about The Sensible Code Company
- we all have balanced lives, exact working times are flexible
- we offer a generous 30 days plus public holidays (38 total)
- we have a remote team across the EU
- we are centred in Belfast
- we use lots of Go, Python, AWS, Docker and more
to €75,000 based on experience and pro-rata for part-time
To apply, send the following:
- It would be nice to see example of your papers you’ve published.
- Your CV;
- Your telephone number.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting scjob23 in the subject line (no agencies).